This Spring we will host our third City at Eye Level Training! Are you a student, alumni or a zealous nut and would you like to join, but is the ticket almost all you earn in a month? We have five scholarships available for the masterclass: €200 (ex. VAT and registration fee). Quick check our conditions and apply!
We experience a gap between insights from scientific studies on improving the city at eye level and the quality of public space; and how these insights are being used in practice. The City at Eye Level wants to bridge that gap by translating theoretical insights into methods for practice.
Write a short essay on how you can translate theory into practice (in relation to The City at Eye Level concept, public space, human behaviour, placemaking, place management, long term strategies, etc). It can either be an example of a case/project you conducted yourself, or a case/project of somebody else you think is a great example you definitely want to share with the City at Eye Level community.
- Student (bachelor (year: 2+) or master) or alumnus (max. since 2 years)
- Zealous Nut: practitioner in placemaking that is working with local communities and is freelancer or working for a non-governmental organisation.
- The short essay should be around 800 words.
- Language: English
- At least two high resolution pictures, free of rights.
- Add a short bio of yourself consisting of three lines; when accepted your name will be added to the list of contributors on the website
- The content should add a new angle or topic not mentioned in the book yet, or deepen an existing topic
- All contributions are subject to editing
- Please see an example PDF of a chapter from the current book
- All good articles will be published on www.thecityateyelevel.com and on our City at Eye Level Facebook page. By submitting you agree with publishing.
- The writers of the best articles will be selected for the five available spots during the masterclass
Please help promote this call for chapters and the Spring Training through your own channels and networks!
Apply for a scholarship by sending in your submission to us. Deadline for submission: 19th of March 2018.
Winners will be announced on the 30th of March!