Learn more about upcoming The City at Eye Level Masterclasses, Workshops and Events.
October 11-14: Placemaking Week Amsterdam 2017
Upcoming Masterclasses and Workshops
Placemaking Week 2017, Amsterdam
October 2017, open registration
We are proud to announce the coming Placemaking Week 2017, which will take place this Fall in Amsterdam on October 11-14, 2017. Building upon the momentum of last year’s successful event in Vancouver, Project for Public Spaces, in partnership with STIPO, The City at Eye Level, Placemaking Plus and Pakhuis de Zwijger will host the placemaking event in Amsterdam!
Catch the Early Bird Rate, before it’s too late! Register now!
600 EUR including 21% VAT (*Limited quantity available)
Once the Early Bird registrations sell-out, the next price increment will kick in.
All registration prices are calculated in Euros, and include an additional 21% Value-Added Tax. There will be a small payment method processing fee applied at check-out. It is possible to get a VAT refund—a standard process in large firms (you will automatically receive an invoice receipt in the days after your registration is completed and payment received).
In the mean time, join us for one of our upcoming activities:
July 27-28: West Gate Project Conference Taipei
September 13-16: Peacemaking for Peacemaking Beirut
October 11-14: Placemaking Week Amsterdam 2017
Your city missing?
We gladly help organize masterclasses, Eye Level Games and Place Games, lectures, and set up area strategies with you and with communities locally.
Please mail us.
Previous Highlights of Masterclasses, Lectures, Workshops and Events
- Rome – Two day Masterclass City at Eye Level and Placemaking in Ostiense and Laurentino 38, Rome, Italy. With partners Vanschagen Architecten in collaboration with ATER, Roma Tre University, Comune di Roma and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
- Rotterdam – The City at Eye Level Spring Masterclass – Rotterdam
The second edition of our City at Eye Level Masterclass series. Topic included The City at Eye Level, Placemaking, Tactical Urbanism / Quicker Lighter Cheaper approach, Building Great Street and Shared Space, Street- and Place Management & City Wide Strategies. Download the 2017 Spring Masterclass Brochure (PDF).
- Vancouver – book launch, speeches and workshops on The City at Eye Level during the Placemaking Week of PPS.org and Future of Places; leading towards the world Urban Agenda in Quito
- Rotterdam and Amsterdam – Three Day International Summer Masterclass. Topics included The City at Eye Level, Placemaking, Street- and Place Management, Tactical Urbanism / Quicker Lighter Cheaper approach, Building Bicycle Friendly Cities.Download the 2016 Summer Masterclass Brochure (PDF).
- Thessaloniki – Two day Masterclass City at Eye Level and Placemaking // and Book Launch; With partners Stipo Thessaloniki, Topio, City of Thessaloniki, Aristotle University, Creativity Platform; Programme Masterclass Thessaloniki // 2016-04 Two day masterclass Thessaloniki_GR
- Stockholm – Two day Masterclass City at Eye Level and Placemaking with partners Stipo Stockholm, Färgfabriken, Future of Places, KTH University, Vasakronan and Dutch Embassy; open registration, Programme Masterclass Stockholm; Book Launch @ Färgfabriken, with Jan Ryden – Fargfabriken, Alexander Stahle – Spacescape, Tigran Haas – KTH University Stockholm, Anna Nyberg – Vasakronan, Hans Karssenberg – The City at Eye Level / Stipo; chair Rosa Danenberg – Stipo Stockholm.
- Darmstadt – Book launch City at Eye Level and Placegame at the Campus in Darmstadt; University of Darmstadt, Germany
- Barcelona – Habitat III, Barcelona. Launch of the new edition with Oscar Martin, Barcelona Market Institute, Vivian Doumpa and Ioanna Papachristou. Invitation; Future of Places Panel with Vikas Mehta, Laura Petrella, Michael Mehaffy, Setha Low, Peter Elmlund and Hans Karssenberg, discussing the 7 key messages for the Urban Agenda of the UN / Quito. Flyer Barcelona
- Bratislava – City at Eye Level lecture at the What!City conference in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Rome – City at Eye Level workshop, preparation for the master class and book launch in the second half of 2016.
- Groningen – master class and Eye Level workshops, Setting up the inner city public space strategy and placemaking strategy – In company and with the local network
- Rotterdam – Book launch City at Eye Level during Rotterdam Architecture Month; more information here. Workshop High Street Revisited; IABR 2016, International Architectuur Biennale Rotterdam; In Collaboration with Stadsontwikkeling.
- Amsterdam – Workshops Placemaking: Europe City Makers Summit, Pakhuis de Zwijger, Amsterdam; 100 Years Jane Jacobs, Delft Technical University.
- Almere – New Town Inner City Eye Level and Placemaking Strategy workshop in 1 day, in company
- Dordrecht – Workshop City at Eye Level @Maasterras Dordrecht during the Atelier Drechtsteden Maritieme Topregio
- Delft – Book launch and place game at the campus of the Technical University Delft at the occasion of 100 years Jane Jacobs conference
- Den Haag – Book launch during the Debat STAD op ooghoogte – aankondiging
- Utrecht – Book launch during the CU2030 conference on the new City Center development, see website City of Utrecht.
- Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre – Launch A Cidade ao Nivel dos Olhos at 1o Congresso Espacos Publicos with 700 participants from all cities of Brazil; in close collaboration with Paulo Horn Regal and Renee Nycolaas of the University of Porto Algere FAU PUCRS; Placegame @ Praca de Francisco Alves Porto Alegre Brazil
Stockholm – Three day Masterclass for students with KTH Stockholm University; Lecture Brunnberg Forshed office Stockholm, Sweden
Barcelona – International Market Cities Conference of Project for Public Spaces
Rotterdam – Placegames @ Oostplein and ZOHO Rotterdam as part of the creation of the innovation district and slow urbanism in ZOHO
Amsterdam – De Stoep book launch at the Pakhuis de Zwijger, book about the social function of sidewalks and stoops
Budapest – Placemaking Workshop Kolumbusz utca, Budapest Design Week, in partnership with the Dutch Embassy and Pakhuis de Zwijger
Prague – Workshop The City at Eye Level for the Public Space Department of The City of Prague, Czech Republic
Stockholm – Key note: Future of Places III conference
Copenhagen – Lecture Gehl Architects office
Zaandam and Rotterdam – Jane’s Walks in The Hague, Rotterdam (with Fred Kent and Kathy Madden) and Zaandam (Russische Buurt), The Netherlands
Utrecht – Lecture City Council / political board of Utrecht on the Central Station Area, with Aorta and City of Utrecht
Antwerp – 2015 Lecture City at Eye Level as a contribution to the new urban strategy.
2014 & Before
Buenos Aires – Future of Places II / UN Habitat; speech at the Argentina conference
The Hague – Child-Friendly workshops in co-creation with city experts
Amsterdam – Museumplein: Placegame with Project for Public Spaces (Fred Kent and Kathy Madden), Stipo and Urban Space Agency; Plinthgames: De Pijp and Zuidas; Placegame with PPS.org on Plein 40/45 in Amsterdam Nieuw West
Rotterdam – Book launches of the first edition; Jury member for Parklet Challenge ZOHO (Rotterdam’s first parklet); City at Eye Level workshop: Bikes Belong, USA; The City at Eye Level lecture for Pratt University, New York
Stockholm – Walkable City Strategy workshops for City of Stockholm, Sweden.