Ongoing Public Space, Area and Community Projects
- 2014-2016 Future of Places, with UN Habitat, Ax:son Jonson Foundation, PPS.org and many other partners: putting public space high on the Urban Agenda in the 2016 Quito Habitat III Declaration; with conferences in Buenos Aires, Stockholm and Barcelona
- 2015-now Nieuwegein – Club Rhijnhuizen; placemaking and place management strategy for several years, transforming 10 spaces into places and creating 1,000 activities in Rijnhuizen with the community of residents, tenants, owners, developers and other experts.
- 2013-2016 ZOHO Rotterdam: slow urbanism, filling up vacant buildings and plinths, placemaking, innovation district
- 2015-2016 re:Kreators Association, European network for public developers and placemakers
- 2015-2016 Organic Transformation, placemaking and plinth strategies: Beukenhorst West Hoofddorp
- 2015-2016 Organic Transformation, placemaking and plinth strategies: Rijnhuizen Nieuwegein
- 2016 – Almere Inner City Strategy, The City at Eye Level and Placemaking as a fundament for this New Town
- 2014 – now Schouwburgplein Rotterdam: place management with cultural stakeholders.
Work with us
With our partners and local communities, we work on:
Longer term development strategies
- Project management for parks, plazas and places
- Transformation of existing areas, public developer role, placemaking
- Setting up area management, place management, street management
- Inner City Area Strategy, shopping districts
- City-wide strategy in co-creation.
Projects and interventions
- Quicker Lighter Cheaper interventions in public space (tactical urbanism)
- Street / place / plinth analysis
- Vacant plinth strategy and action, innovation districts, makers movement
- Setting up guidelines for newly built areas.
- Masterclasses on City at Eye Level, Placemaking, Bike-Friendly Cities
- Tools Learning Workshops
- Co-creation and Community Development
- Place Games
- Eye Level Games
- Jane’s Walks
- 2016 Haarlem – Placegame with the community of Schalkwijk Haarlem, with BFAS Architecture Urban Design and Placemaking Plus
- 2015 Placemaking for Praca Francisco Alves, Porto Alegre, Brazil
- 2014-2015 Child-Friendly City The Hague workshops in co-creation with city experts
- 2014-2016 Organic Transformation, placemaking and plinth strategies: Rijnhaven Oost Alphen aan den Rijn
- 2013-2014 Walkable City Strategy workshops for City of Stockholm, Sweden
- 2008-2011 and 2013-2014 New Museumplein Amsterdam: design, management and placemaking; Placegame with Project for Public Spaces (Fred Kent and Kathy Madden), Stipo and Urban Space Agency
- 2011 Advice on the Transformation of Klarendal, Arnhem with fashion in vacant plinths, creating a fashion district
- 2009-2011 Plinth Strategy Rotterdam for the entire inner city area as part of the City Lounge Program with the City of Rotterdam and partners; Street Management pilots in Rotterdam inner city
- 2005-2008 New plaza: Stadionplein and Olympic Area Amsterdam, The Netherlands; project management, placemaking and place management coalition, adding a new square, culture, retail and 1,000 new houses
- 1995-1997 New park: Park Frankendael, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; project management, co-creation, design, new investors
Please mail us // thecityateyelevel [at] stipo dot nl.